1 / 2
Ashburton is part of the Mid Canterbury district and a starting point to explore New Zealand Arts Country.
5. Ashburton is a rural community known for its warm welcome and quiet charm. There may be no better place to bask in classic New Zealand landscapes –and prepare for your South Island arts tour.
4. Within the district you’ll find many attractions within easy walking distance – including the Ashburton Art Gallery. The Gallery occupies the top floor of the refurbished former Ashburton County Council building, which is centrally sited behind the town clock in the Baring Square East gardens.
3. The Ashburton Art Gallery hosts exhibitions by local, national and international artists.
2. The Gallery also arranges a stimulating annual programme of touring exhibitions. Wherever possible the Gallery supplements its fine arts programme by presenting education and arts associated events.
1. Enjoying the Ashburton Art Gallery is a chance to contribute to the cultural life of a very special New Zealand town and its surrounding district.
Shirin, Lucy and Ali look forward to welcoming you to Ashburton and helping you start your South Island arts tours.
There are so many ways to Experience Mid Canterbury - fantastic places to stay and people to meet.
¿Tienes una gran historia para contar? Agrega tu artículo