1 / 2
1) See Turangi Tongariro in a new light. Book a stay at one of the many charming southern lake lodges and immerse yourself in spectacular autumn colours and discover some of Great Lake Taupo’s hidden gems.
2) Take advantage of the warm weather and last of the long evenings to play nine holes at one of the world’s most unique golf courses - Wairakei Golf and Sanctuary. The golf course is flanked by beautiful trees that explode in colour at this time of year and is home to some of New Zealand’s rarest birds. Tee off whilst whio, takahe, and pheasant meander the course.
3) There’s nothing better than starting the day with a brisk lakeside walk or bike ride, followed by a latte in the warming sun.
4) Watch the sunset over the lake whilst enjoying dinner by a crackling fire. There's something about the low light in autumn that just makes the most beautiful lingering sunsets stretch into the night.
5) Touch the first snowfall. It's not quite ski season yet but you can take a day trip to Whakapapa, New Zealand's largest ski area and get a feel for what this winter playground is like! Take a scenic chairlift ride to New Zealand's highest cafe and enjoy the stunning vistas and a snow ball fight with your morning latte.
For more information, visit Great Lake Taupo.
¿Tienes una gran historia para contar? Agrega tu artículo