1 / 6
This digital walk is carried out in partnership with Christ Church Council who look after this historic building. This is a walk around the fascinating cemetery of New Zealand’s oldest church, Christ Church in Russell, Bay of Islands. The walk is rich with images, text and sound. A map assists your navigation through the cemetery.
Those buried here include Māori leaders, first European settlers and itinerant mariners. Their stories give an intriguing insight into some of the characters that made this country.
Profit from this walk are shared with Christ Church to help maintain our cemetery. Enjoy!
Christ Church Cemetery Walk, Matauwhi Road, Russell, Russell, Northland, 0202, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- 24 hours
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- 1 hour from Kerikeri Airport
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- Coaches drop off at Paihia ferry terminal. Then 20 minute ferry ride to Russell.
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- In Russell township
Precios y condiciones