1 / 6
Ted Ashby is a ketch-rigged deck scow, typical of the fleet of scows that once operated in northern New Zealand waters. Scows were flat-bottomed, centreboard vessels, most of which carried their cargo on deck. They were ideal for working estuaries and shallow harbours, and they carried logs, firewood, sand and shingle, machinery and stock. A few of the larger scows carried timber to Australia and America.
Ted Ashby sails at 11:30am and 1:30pm for one hour every Tuesday - Sunday. This leisurely sail is the perfect way to see Auckland's beautiful skyline.
All sailing tickets include entry the museum galleries.
Auckland Harbour Sailing, Corner Quay & Hobson Streets, Viaduct Harbour, Auckland Central, Auckland, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- 10am - 5pm
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- 1 minute walk
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
Precios y condiciones
(14 años o menos)
- Restricción de edad:
- Otros cargos:
- Senior, student and family prices available
- Más información sobre precios:
- Children must be at least 10kg to fit into our life jacket. All children are required to wear life jackets. Please see our website for full terms and conditions http://www.maritimemuseum.co.nz/terms-and-conditions.