1 / 7
Something for everyone!
Visit the nocturnal Kiwi House & see the resident kiwi foraging for food as they would in the wild. Learn about Kiwi conservation, spot our native gecko and tuatara.
The Whangarei Museum is home to nationally significant Taonga (Maori treasure), early settler displays and changing exhibitions.
The Clarke Homestead, built in 1886 & lived in by the Clarke family until the 1980’s, is a museum in itself, displaying the family’s treasures through the generations.
Other heritage buildings on site include the first Women’s Jail, Jane Mander’s Study, Oruaiti Chapel (made from a single Kauri log & believed to be New Zealand’s smallest church) & Riponui Pah School House.
Relaxed, family friendly environment - see you soon!
Kiwi North - Museum, Kiwi House & Heritage Park, Gate 1, 500 State Highway 14, Maunu, Whangarei, Northland, 0179, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- 10am-4pm, 7 days. Closed Xmas and Boxing day.
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- 13.4 kms
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
Precios y condiciones
|Adulto||$10.00 - $15.00|
- Otros cargos:
- Family 35.00 - 2 adults-and up to 3 children Senior citizens 10.00 Children 5yrs and over 5.00 Children under 5yrs FREE