1 / 5
Departing from Milford Sound we begin with a short boat ride to Sandfly Point.
The walk meanders alongside the cascading Arthur River through lush rainforest to Giant Gate. This spectacular waterfall is best viewed from the large swing bridge spanning the river.
There is much to see, from the ancient trees towering above, to the vibrant ferns and mosses, plus the array of bird life inhabiting this lush environment. Walking in a small group, your nature guide will point out the native fauna and flora, and share the track’s stories, bringing the history of the area to life.
On completion of the walk an opportunity is made for photos at the sign marking the end of the walk, festooned with the boots of walkers that have made it to the end
Milford Track Guided 1/2 Day Walk Trips & Tramps, Caswell Drive, Te Anau, Fiordland, 9600, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- 7am - 9pm
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Nov, Dec
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- Te Anau 2hrs drive, Milford Sound Lodge Meeting point
Precios y condiciones
- Más información sobre precios:
- Suitable wet weather gear must be carried and suitable for the conditions. Meeting point is the Milford Sound Lodge, 8.00 am. Please allow 2 hours to drive to this point if you are staying in Te Anau the night prior.