1 / 7
Take a short helicopter flight from the Farm Barn Café and be treated to views of the expansive high country including valleys, hills and passes, rivers, lakes and the majestic Southern Alps.
Be taken back over 150 years to a time when shepherds worked in this remote environment on foot and horseback, sheltering in huts.
See a real shepherd working with sheep dogs to guide a flock of high country sheep. Breathe in the pristine high country air and enjoy a delicious ‘kiwi’ picnic lunch.
Chat with your hosts and learn about farming practices on their 3,500 hectare station and how they have changed over the past century.
Sutherland's Hut Experience, 4 Mount Michael Road, Geraldine-Fairlie Highway, RD 17, Fairlie, Christchurch - Canterbury, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- 10.30am - 12:30pm
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- 2 hours to Christchurch airport
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- Coaches and buses do drop-offs and pick-ups in Fairlie
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- 8km to nearest town of Fairlie
Precios y condiciones
- Otros cargos:
- Minimum 2 people; maximum 5 people
- Más información sobre precios:
- All flights are subject to aircraft/crew availability, weather conditions and operate in daylight hours only. Children under 18 years of age are not permitted to fly without an adult.