1 / 4
Departing Auckland in the morning we will head north, visit the Piroa falls, climb the Toka Toka Peak, and visit the small town of Dargaville. In the afternoon we drive up the slopes of the Tutamoe mountain towards the Pupu Rangi Nature Sanctuary. Learn about the conservation work done in the sanctuary and go for a bush walk listening to the dusk chorus. Next morning wake up to a scrumptious breakfast, and spend the day in the forest giving a helping hand. In the evening, warm up with a yummy meal and get ready for a night safari looking for kiwis and glow worms. On the last day we spend the morning exploring the forest and in the afternoon, we drive to the famous Tane Mahuta for a visit and a short hike before the return to Auckland.
The Pupu Rangi Express - Tour and Volunteer, 93 Jones Road, Dargaville, Dargaville, Northland, 0379, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- 8am - 11pm
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Feb, Apr, May
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- 20 km from Auckland
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- 5 km from Auckland Sky City bus terminal
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- 250 km from Auckland - program includes transportation from Auckland
Precios y condiciones
- Más información sobre precios:
- This is a three day program that includes transportation, basic accommodation (small hut), and delicious food. Due to the remote location of the sanctuary we can accommodate only guests that have made a reservation. More details on our website.