The Worlds most incredible collection of original, reproduction and replica WWI aircraft is based at Hood Aerodrome, Masterton. Kept airworthy, this private collection of fighter scouts, bombers and reconnaissance aircraft from the Great War era frequently take to the skies over summer in numbers unable to be seen anywhere else on the planet!
Guided tours reveal the incredible historic details of these wood and fabric flying machines and a time when young men, without parachutes, oxygen, radios or canopies flew them into warfare, pioneering some of histories most remarkable aviation feats.
Guided Tours every Saturday and Sunday 11.00am and 3.00pm (November - April end)
Tour for groups out of hours arranged by appointment.
The Vintage Aviator Ltd, Hood Aerodrome, South Road, Masterton, Wairarapa, 5885, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- Saturday & Sunday 10.00am - 4.00pm. At other times for groups by appointment.
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Nov, Dec
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- Located at Main airfield
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- 2 km
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- 2 km
Precios y condiciones
(12 años o menos)
- Otros cargos:
- Guided Tours Adults $15.00. Children (Ages 6 to 12) $5.00. Under 5 FREE.