1 / 6
Paddle the Opawa river, into the 2000 hectare Wairau lagoon. You can get close to birds like royal spoonbill, blackfronted tern and bartailed godwit, your guide can teach you about the wildlife of this beautiful area. Kayak under cormorants nesting in a tree. A wonderful opportunity for wildlife photography.
Hear the stories of New Zealand's early history. The Wairau Bar was home to the Polynesian Moa Hunter, the first arrivals to new Zealand. Visit the archaeological fish traps. Hear the stories of the early European pioneers to the area.
Enjoy a homemade picnic on the shore. Evening tours are very popular.
No previous experience is required. Choose from single or double kayaks. The tour is for 2-8 people.
Wairau Lagoon by Kayak, 749 Dillons Point Road, RD 3, Blenheim , Blenheim, Marlborough, 7273, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- 20 minutes from Marlborough Airport
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- 10 minutes from Blenheim bus stop
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- 25 minutes from Picton
Precios y condiciones
- Más información sobre precios:
- Minimum of 2 people, one person by arrangement. In event of us cancelling a tour due to the weather being unfit, a full refund is offered or an alternative tour. Free pickup and drop off to Blenheim.