The JUCY Crew have put together a list of 60 things we think you should to do while you are New Zealand, the Land Long White Cloud. They are not in any particular order but they are things that we have done, experienced and can personally recommend!
1. Walk the Tongariro Crossing – so rewarding
2. Enjoy fish & chips on a beach (must still be wrapped in the paper)
3. Hug Tane Mahuta – the MASSIVE native Kauri tree in Northland.
4. Go for a high speed jetboat ride
5. Tramp & Kayak the Abel Tasman
6. Take a Lord of the Rings tour & visit one of the sites
7. Visit Cape Reinga and stand at the tippy top of New Zealand and take in the view
8. Take a photo with you and a sheep (or many sheep – they are everywhere!)
9. Visit the Matakana Farmers Markets on a Saturday morning
10. Carve up the slopes on your snowboard (or skis) at Treble Cone in Wanaka
11. Go for a Surf at the Mount (Mount Maunganui)
12. Enjoy a Hokey Pokey ice cream in a cone from a dairy
13. Do a bungy jump – go on, don’t be chicken!
14. See the glow worms at Waitomo Caves
15. Be adventurous, go black water rafting
16. Give the “Hole in one” Challenge in Taupo a go. Good Luck!
17. Get a “Jump Shot” in every city you visit for your album
18. Go up the Sky Tower in Auckland. And if you are game enough jump off it. Or even walk around it!
19. Enjoy real Bluff Oysters from Bluff, NZ
20. Visit the cuuuute Yellow Eyed Penguins on the Otago Peninsula
21. Go Zorbing
22. Drink L&P – world famous in NZ
23. Enjoy a sunrise in Gisborne, the first place in the world to see the sun each day
24. Visit one of Auckland’s West Coast black sand beaches
25. Have a good old kiwi steak and cheese pie drowning in Watties tomato sauce!
26. Spot a whale in Kaikoura
27. Try NZ’s tasty and delicious fresh food and produce – so yummy
28. Crayfish from Kaikoura in white bread on the beach
29. Do some “mean as” bombs (jump) off a jetty!
30. Attend a 7s Weekend (or game) in Wellington
31. Visit Orakei Korako thermal island & then take a jet boat down stream
32. Outdoor ice skating at Lake Tekapo
33. Visit Tiritiri Matangi
34. Drive over the Crown Range in Southland
35. Kayak on the Whanganui River
36. Visit Stewart Island
37. Eat a lamington, oh yeah – you won't look back!
38. Visit NZ vineyards as you travel the country & do some wine tasting (and purchase the products!)
39. Picnics. Everyone loves a good old picnic
40. Spend a day hiking on a glacier in the South Island – anyone can do it! Breathtaking!
41. Puzzle World in Wanaka – crazy stuff
42. Walk the Milford Track – one of the world's most famous walks
43. Catching waves anywhere at dawn in New Zealand!
44. Eat Pineapple Lumps. A LOT of pineapple lumps
45. Jump out of a plane – Skydiving is a thrill
46. Go white water rafting
47. Swim with dolphins and seals
48. Have a beer in a small town pub and chit-chat with the locals
49. Visit the Te Papa museum in Wellington
50. See bubbling mud in Rotorua, experience the culture (and the smell)
51. Visit Russell – New Zealand's first capital city
52. Pamper yourself at Hamner Springs Thermal Pools – you deserve it!
53. Attend a Maori Culture show
54. Take a day trip to Waiheke Island by ferry
55. Experience a “Burger Fuel” Burger
56. Go “off the beaten track” and experience some rural NZ
57. Visit Hot Water Beach in the Coromandel and dig your own bath in the sand
58. Hike to Cathedral Cove in the Coromandel
59. See a “Kiwi” bird
60. Attend an All Blacks Rugby match (or any other rugby match for that matter!)
We love NZ!
Lucy & the JUCY Crew xx
Have you got a great story to tell? Add your own article