If you are an adrenalin junkie you will love the outdoor playground that is Rotorua. The town hosts visitors year round who are looking to get their blood pumping and adrenalin flowing.
Rotorua Canopy Tours
Rotorua Canopy Tours offer an eco-adventure exploring virgin native New Zealand forest via 1.2km network of ziplines, swing bridges and treetop platforms. The highlight for many is the longest zipline, the 220 metre “Tui Song”, where you step out of the canopy of a 500 year old Rimu tree and travel above a majestic forested valley to a hidden landing platform. Travelling up to 22 meters above the forest floor not only provides stunning views but is a sure way to get you grinning ear-to-ear. An added benefit to visiting Rotorua Canopy Tours is that a portion of every Rotorua eco tour ticket is invested into conservation.
Bookings are essential and tours depart throughout the day, 7 days per week (excluding Christmas Day).
Agroventures Adventure Park
Agroventures is an adventure playground that features five high octane rides that will set your heart racing.
• Agrojet – a sprint boat which launches you to 100kph (62 mph) in the blink of an eye, gives you 3Gs of force through hairpin turns and finishes off with a 360 spin.
• The Swoop is a body swing where you and up to two friends will fly 40 metres high and reach speeds of 130kph.
• The Shweeb is a world first, human-powered 200m monorail racetrack, you get three laps racing against the clock to beat your friends and even try to take on the world record for the $1000 prize money.
• Freefall Xtreme is the only place you can body fly in New Zealand and is the closest you will get to being a super hero.
• Last but definitely not least, you can take the Ultimate Leap of Faith and tick off a bungy jump off your bucket list.
Agroventures is open from 9am to 5pm every day of the year (excluding Christmas Day).
Adventure seekers will love this unique and innovative experience of rolling downhill inside a giant inflatable ball.
There are multiple options to choose from:
• H2OGO Straight Track- Starting from 250m up the hill, Superman-dive into the OGO by yourself or with up to three friends with you, add 40 litres of water and let gravity take over as you slip, slide and laugh your way to the bottom of the slope.
• H2OGO Sidewinder - One or two people ride down a 350 metre long track, sliding in 40 litres of water and getting speed up on the straights before riding high on the sides of six massive corners. Harness OGO - Strap in to the multi-point harness and spin head over heels down the 200m long track.
OGO’s opening hours are 9.00am to 5pm (6.00pm in summer) 7 days a week and operates in all weather conditions (closed Christmas Day). Water is cool in summer, warm in winter.
Rotorua Super Passes offer easy and affordable combo passes to all major Rotorua attractions. If you think Rotorua will be your next destination to feed your adrenalin addiction then you might like to consider the Rotorua Thrills and Spills Pass which includes all the above attractions.
Have you got a great story to tell? Add your own article