New Zealand is one of the best places many pack packers and vacationers rant about. The country has different spectacular scenery from mountain ranges, active volcanoes, majestic coastlines, lakes, fiords, glaciers and lush rainforests. With a population of around 4 million, New Zealand is one of the world’s least crowded countries thus enabling it to become tourist’s number one choice when it comes to peaceful get-away and holiday destination.
The country has 27 regions across two main islands; the North and the South Island. Since the country is so compact, you can easily visit several holiday destinations in both islands in your short stay. All you need to do is to plan your trip and to get familiar with the top places to visit in New Zealand.
To help you plan your trip, listed below are 5 of the most beautiful places to visit during your holiday:
1. Milford Sound is one of the most famous attractions in the country. It is located at the most northern and accessible end of Fiordland National Park. It offers one of the most staggering coastal scenery in the world with its majestic peaks and dark blue waters. Here you will also the Milford track, New Zealand’s most well-known hiking trail.
2. Bay of islands – This picturesque area got its modern name from Captain James Cook when he stopped by the island in 1769. It contains 144 islands, secluded bays and sandy beaches. This popular holiday destination has an abundance of marine life such as whales, penguins, dolphins and the big marlin. It is a favorite spot for diving enthusiasts, sailing yachts, world cruises and international sport fishermen.
3. Tongariro National park – The first national park of New Zealand, has a rugged, volcanic landscape that is known for its surprises and extremes. It has a diverse range of ecosystem that includes tranquil lakes, active volcanoes, untamed forest and desert-like plateaus. It has a famous 19km hike through the center which is called the Tongariro Alphine Crossing.
4. Rotorua –Should be on everyone’s must see list while in New Zealand. It is widely known as the thermal wonderland of the country since 1880. The thermal springs, mud pools and geysers are the number famous tourist attractions in area. The Wai-O-Tapu nearby is another popular interest among tourist because of the hot springs noted for their colorful appearance. The smell of sulphur is an indication of thermal activity that is evident in the region.
5. Franz Josef Glacier – Located within Westland National Park and considered as a huge draw on the South Island’s coast. This glacier is one of the world’s most accessible tracks. You can walk right up to the foot of the massive glacier or take a helicopter ride to see the incredible views of the surrounding rainforest and mountains.
New Zealand is indeed is beautiful country to visit. It offers visitors with unbeatable chances for adventure and exploration. Whether you are on your own or with a group of friends, the country’s has plenty of activities to offer.
If you are Looking for Cost Effective Holiday Accommodation check out http://www.nzHolidayHomes.co.nz/
Have you got a great story to tell? Add your own article