1. The Promoter is Tourism New Zealand trading as New Zealand Tourism Board 147 Victoria Street West, Auckland, New Zealand. Telephone number: +64 9 914 4780. Tourism New Zealand trading as New Zealand Tourism Board ABN 98 058 786 404 and its related entities (Tourism New Zealand) Level 12, 61 York Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, AUSTRALIA (Promoter).
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who in the event that they are judged to be the winning entry, are able to travel to and remain in Canterbury, New Zealand for three (3) nights during the period 23/07/2015 – 26/07/2015 (inclusive) in order to participate in the prize as set out in Condition 8 (Entrants). The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
3. The competition begins 9am May 4th 2015 and ends – midnight June 12th 2015 AEST (Promotional Period). Entries will be judged to find the most compelling/skillful entry. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
4. To enter, Entrants must, during the Promotion Period submit an answer, in twenty-five (25) words or less, to the question “tell us why you deserve this New Zealand heli-ski trip”, in the manner required on the Promoter’s website at www.newzealand.com/au/ (Promotional Website)
5. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. Any subsequent entry of an Entrant after the first valid entry is received from that Entrant will be deemed invalid.
6. The decision by the Promoter to accept or reject an entry is in the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into. Any entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive, obscene, crude or inappropriate in any way or that the Promoter considers may infringe any Intellectual Property Rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity will not be accepted as an eligible entry into the promotion. This includes but is not limited to any entry, which the Promoter considers to be disparaging of any of its or any prize supplier’s products and/or services or is otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the promotion.
7. All eligible entries will be judged by a panel of appropriately qualified judges by 16th June 2015 at Tourism New Zealand level 12 61 York St to determine a winner. All eligible entries will be judged on a basis of originality and creative merit. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. The winner will be contacted via the mobile number or email address given. If the recipient does not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be selected. All reasonable steps to notify the winner of the results of the judging will be taken by the Promoter. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The entry judged to be the best entry from all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period will one one (1) trip Heli-Ski Trip to Canterbury, New Zealand for the winner and three (3) companions aged 18 years or older for 3 nights during the period 23/07/2015 – 26/07/2015 (inclusive), valued at AU$13,284.60 (if the winner resides in Australia) The prize comprises of the following elements:
- 4 x return flights from main Australian port (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane) to Christchurch.
- 4 x 3 nights’ accommodation and breakfast at Ibis Hotel Christchurch.
- Transfers from Christchurch Airport to accommodation and return.
- A full day Heli-Ski Experience for 4 including all transfers and lunch.
- Digital copy of the edited video of the heli-ski experience.
- 4 x Discover Christchurch City Tours with Hassle Free.
9. The precise dates, destination city in New Zealand, accommodation, and the schedule of activities included in the prize will be notified to the winner by the Promoter in writing at least three (3) weeks in advance [Redemption of the prize is subject to availability and may be dependent on travel class availability, specific room category availability and travel ‘blackout’ periods applying (including school holidays and public holidays). All components of the prize must be taken together and when offered or are forfeited. The winner and their companion(s) (if any) must travel together and depart from and return to the same departure point. The winner and their companion(s) (if any) may not accrue frequent flyer points. No extension or variation of the travel and/or accommodation date(s) nominated by the Promoter permitted. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with travel discounts or special offers. Travel and accommodation are to be arranged by a licensed agent nominated by the Promoter.
10. It is the sole responsibility of the winners to ensure their entry and the entry of their companion(s) (if any) into New Zealand, at their own expense, including ensuring all necessary passports, visas, travel authorisations, medical advice and medical travel insurance and recommended vaccinations and immunisations have been obtained prior to travel and, if required, on or by a date nominated by the Promoter. Failure to do so may result in the prize being forfeited.
11. Unless otherwise specified in the prize description above, spending money, meals, insurance, transport to and from departure point, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Each winner and their travel companions are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas and travel documentation. Each winner and their travel companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Each winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in (where applicable).
12. In the event any element of a prize is awarded in the form of a voucher/gift card, the following conditions apply: Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a voucher/gift card are not included. Any unused balance of a voucher/gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of a voucher/gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher/gift card.
13. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, due to weather, natural disaster or any other condition the promoter will endeavour to substitute the experience for a similar experience where possible.
14. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
15. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting and participating in the prize that the winner and their companion(s) (if any) acknowledge and agree that the Promoter or its agents may film, photograph and record the winner and their companion(s) (if any) during the course of their participation in the prize and that such footage will be the property of the Promoter and may be edited.
16. The winner and their companion(s) (if any) acknowledge that the prize may involve a dangerous activity, which may result in injury or death, and participate at their own risk. The winner and their companion(s) (if any): (a) must attend, undergo and pass any appropriate training, briefings, safety demonstrations, required medical tests and other requirements (including blood alcohol testing) of the Promoter and any prize supplier as determined in their absolute discretion; (b) must declare to the Promoter or any prize supplier (as applicable) any health-related issues that may affect his/her safe participation in any part of the prize and obtain a written clearance from their doctor in this respect; (c) must not have any heart condition or history thereof, or other medical conditions that would make it dangerous to participate in any part of the prize; (d) must not be under the influence of any drugs or alcohol or, if expressly permitted by the Promoter, may consume alcohol in moderation (if aged 18 years or older) but must not be under the influence of alcohol during any activities to the extent that it impairs or affects their understanding, judgment or participating in the activities, and subject to the limitations of any prize supplier; (e) must comply with all directions of the Promoter, any prize supplier and relevant officials; and (f) must wear all safety and other equipment required. The Promoter and any prize supplier in their absolute discretion: (a) reserve the right to refuse to allow the winner and their companion(s) (if any) to take part in any or all aspects of the prize if they reasonably believe the winner and their companion(s) (if any) pose a safety risk or for any other reason; (b) may cancel the relevant component of the prize if the conditions are deemed dangerous. No compensation will be payable if the winner and their companion(s) (if any) are unable to participate in or use any element of the prize as stated for whatever reason, including refusal of participation in certain activities for health, age, behaviour or safety reasons.
17. The Promoter may award the prize to the Entrant who submitted the next best judged entry by 18th June 2015 in order to award the prize if unclaimed by that date. The unclaimed prize winner (if any) will be notified in writing by 19th June 2015. All reasonable steps to notify the unclaimed prize winner (if any) of the results of the judging will be taken by the Promoter. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18.Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of and/or taking of a prize.
19. Footage and imagery of the winner and their companion(s) (if any) may be used in an Australian and New Zealand-wide marketing and promotional campaign for the Promoter’s brand and product line (including on outdoor billboards, websites, social media, street posters and other print material) . The Promoter shall determine, in its sole discretion, how and to what extent the footage and imagery of the winners and their companion(s) (if any) will be used in the marketing and promotional campaign.
20. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner (and his/her/their travel companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
21. The Promoter will provide to each Entrant, at time of entry into the promotion, a collection statement that details the Personal Information being collected, the purpose of its collection, where the Personal Information will be stored and how it will be shared with third parties. The collection statement will comply with the Promoter’s disclosure obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
23. In these Conditions of Entry: “Intellectual Property Rights” means all present and future rights of whatever nature anywhere in the world including, but not limited to, rights in respect of or in connection with copyright, inventions (including patents), trade marks, service marks, trade names, domain names, designs, confidential information, trade secrets and know-how and similar industrial, commercial and intellectual property rights, whether or not registered or registrable, and includes the right to apply for the registration of such rights, and whether existing in Australia and/or New Zealand (as applicable) or otherwise. “Personal Information” means in Australia, for the purpose of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not and in New Zealand, for the purpose of the Privacy Act 1993, information about an identifiable individual.