The Muriwai Beach Gannet colony is just 40 minutes from Auckland City. 1.3m people visit this colony every year! Our tour visits the gannet colony on every tour. As Forest and Bird members, and as we live just 7 minutes from the beach (the region where our family has lived since 1922), we can give a firsthand account of the colony's history and about the entire Muriwai area.
Also included in the tour is a visit to our sheep farm where you have a 'hands-on' experience with our exotic birds. Meet our pet blind magpie 'Stevie' and learn how fragile the NZ ecosystem is. Feel confident that your day has been environmentally-friendly as we only operate locally, and plant a Native tree to offset carbon emissions for every tour. Groups welcome.
Auckland Coast & Country tour, 76 Muriwai Valley Road, Waimauku, Auckland Central, Auckland, 0881, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Also except Dec 24, 25, 26, Jan 1, 2, Good Friday, April 25.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Pricing and Conditions
(10 year(s) and under)
|$100.00 - $180.00|
- Other charges:
- children under 5y lunch at own expense. Airport transfer if required
- Further pricing information:
- Minimum 2 persons to operate unless tour already running Maximum 10 persons, but larger groups by prior booking (essential). Lunch (with wine/beer) included on day tours. Must be 18yrs to participate in wine-tasting. All tours visit our sheep farm and Homestead. We are Food Handling Certified. A Native tree is assigned for every tour run. Pick-up from inner Auckland city only (or by prior arrangement). Please wear suitable walking shoes. Limited airport drop-off facility (at extra charge)