Blazing Paddles Canoe Adventures operates from Piriaka, near Taumarunui. Clients pack at the Piriaka depot and then are transported to their chosen departure point. Everything is supplied or available for hire, except food. No experience is required as full instruction is given.
The Whanganui Journey is on a Grade II river with many thrilling rapids, but none with any real technical difficulty. We meet buses and trains in Taumarunui and will transport you to overnight accommodation anywhere in and around Taumarunui. We have some on-site accommodation. Two person Canadian canoes come with more than 200 litres of waterproof storage in barrels. We have a provisional OutdoorMark safety rating and have applied to DOC for a guiding concession.
Blazing Paddles Canoe Adventures, 1033 State Highway 4, Piriaka, Piriaka, Piriaka, Ruapehu, 3992, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 7 am to 7 pm
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Nearest airport is Taupo
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 10 km away in Taumarunui. Intercity will stop at our gate on request.
- Proximity to town:
- 10 km south of Taumarunui
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$80.00 - $220.00|
- Other charges:
- DOC Facility user fees - must be booked using DOC's Great Walks booking system
- Further pricing information:
- Blazing Paddles reserves the right to cancel trips at any time due to bad weather or high river levels.