A visit to any winery in New Zealand can differ enormously. You could be wowed by the architectural splendour of the building, be swept away with the views from the cellar door or be met by the vineyard owner and treated to a behind the scenes tour. Matakana boasts an array of beautiful, boutique wineries to choose from. With our local knowledge we'll help you navigate the region; with your itinerary, your friends and the freedom to adapt along the way.
- Free pick up & drop off within central Auckland
- Wine tastings at 1 - 4 wineries
- Picnic hamper, vineyard platter or restaurant lunch, plus glass of wine
- Complimentary refreshments en route
Our half day tour lasts 4 hours. Times can be tailored to suit you.
Boutique Wine Tours – half-day wine tour to Matakana, 238 Richmond Road, Grey Lynn, Auckland Central, Auckland, 1021, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am - 8pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to town:
- Matakana is less than an hour’s drive from central Auckland and offers excellent stop-offs en route. It’s close enough to make a quick visit from the city, yet remote enough to make you feel you're a million miles away. Along with its natural drawcards of marine reserves and regional parks, Makakana is dotted with antique shops and craft studios and hosts a weekly farmers’ market on Saturdays, packed with local, fresh produce.
Pricing and Conditions
- Other charges:
- Our tours cater for private parties of 1 - 8 people; a $100 surcharge applies to single passengers. All prices are in NZ$ and include GST (Goods and Service Tax 15%). A 15% surcharge applies on public holiday. Children under the age of 18 are charged at 80% of the full rate, you must provide your own car restraints for children under 7 years. Our tours can be extended in hour blocks; each additional hour (or hour part of) is charged at a rate of $120 per vehicle. A cleaning fee of up to $100 may apply if the vehicle is soiled during hire.
- Further pricing information:
- The legal drinking age in New Zealand is 18 years of age; proof of identification may be required at wineries. Our tours are subject to availability; we recommend you book in advance to avoid disappointment.