1 / 12
Enjoy a scenic one hour return train ride on this world-class mountain railway. Travel through regenerating and replanted native Kauri forest with unique pottery sculptures and tile murals lining the track. The railway includes 2 spirals, 3 short tunnels, 5 reversing points and several large bridges as you climb the hill. The 'Eyefull Tower' lookout building gives spectacular views over the Hauraki Gulf & Islands.
Your driver will tell the story of the man who originally built the railway to bring clay to the potteries and wood to the kilns.
Pottery, souvenirs and books for sale. Exceptional outdoor art works on display and ask to visit the predator free wildlife sanctuary. Suitable for all ages and weather conditions.
Driving Creek Railway and Potteries, 380 Driving Creek Road, Coromandel Town, Coromandel, New Zealand.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 2 3/4 hour drive from Auckland
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Proximity to town:
- 3km North of Coromandel Town
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$32.00 - $35.00|
(16 year(s) and under)
|$0.00 - $13.00|
- Other charges:
- Adults $35, Seniors (65yrs+) $32, Children (4-16yrs) $13, Children under 4 Free, Family (2A + 2C) $83 & extra children $7
- Further pricing information:
- Wheelchair access - please advise when booking