A colourful, vibrant, fun, affordable place to stay when visiting New Plymouth. Originally built as a Private hotel in the 1920's the hospitality continues today with a range of rooms on offer from self contained Cottages in our lush green garden, with ensuite bathrooms and kitchens to private rooms in the main hotel and two small dorms for those on a shoestring budget.
In the main hotel share kitchen and bathroom facilities; relax in the guest lounge, sunroom or one of our decks; rejuvenate yourself in our sauna. Our premier location makes it easy to explore New Plymouth - and a great base to venture further afield.
Our guests tell us it is like staying in a large house, rather than a bland hotel. Come and try for yourself.
Ducks & Drakes Boutique Motel and Backpackers, 48 Lemon Street, Central, New Plymouth, Taranaki, 4310, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9am - 8pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- BBQ Facility
- Internet (Public Use)
- Proximity to airport:
- 10.6 km to New Plymouth airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 1km to the bus depot. 5 to 10 minute walk depending how many bags you are carrying!
- Proximity to town:
- Within 1km to the middle of town. A five minute walk.
- Number of rooms:
Pricing and Conditions
|High season||Low season|
|(Oct - Mar)||(Apr - Oct)|
|Per night||$25.00 - $150.00||$20.00 - $140.00|
- Further pricing information:
- Our office hours are 9am -8pm – please let us know if you plan to arrive outside these times so we can arrange and early/late check in. Bookings are confirmed only when we receive your credit card details. Children - The main hostel is not suitable for children under 12 years. If you are travelling with children we suggest you book a cottage room