1 / 14
Gannet Beach Adventures has a long history of providing tours on a spectacular stretch of the Hawkes Bay coastline. This unique, fun eco-experience tour involves travel with local experienced guides by vintage tractors & trailers on a comfortable four-hour adventure to the largest mainland gannet colony in the world.
Visitors travel along the majestically rugged coastline underneath towering cliffs, where earthquake faultlines & other geological features abound.
Travelling through the Black Reef colony visitors can almost touch the gannets in their natural environment. A 90-minute stop at Cape Kidnappers enables visitors to walk to the Plateau Colony and enjoy the magnificent views over Hawkes Bay.
Gannet Beach Adventures Ltd, 475 Clifton Road, Clifton, Te Awanga, Hawkes Bay, 4180, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Departure times are tide dependent - check website for departure schedule or contact us via phone
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Approx. 40 minutes (Napier)
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- No local bus service to Clifton, although we can provide a shuttle service at an additional cost.
- Proximity to town:
- 25 minutes from Napier, Hastings or Havelock North
Pricing and Conditions
(15 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Shuttle available - 1 person $45 return, 2+ people $30pp return
- Further pricing information:
- Student concessions and group rates available (for 15+ paying passengers). Family rates also available.