Glacier Valley Eco Tours offer quality guided interpretive tours to the terminal face of the Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers and also the reflective Lake Matheson. Combination tours of Franz/Fox and Lake Matheson are real value for money.
Safety conscious guides take you safely to the ice where the unguided public are not permitted. Pull up a rock at the original "Hard Rock" cafe for hot refreshments and watch these spectacular rivers of ice. Learn how glaciers have shaped this unique part of New Zealand.
The walk to the glacier is gentle to moderate and tours take 3 hours. Departure times are 9.30am, 1.30pm and 5.30pm (summer only). Long raincoats, large umbrellas are provided if necessary.
Guides are qualified, mature and easy going.
Glacier Valley Eco Tours , SH 6 Tatare River, Franz Josef Glacier, West Coast, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am - 9pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Opposite public bus stop.
- Proximity to town:
- Located in central Franz Josef
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$12.50 - $160.00|
- Other charges:
- Under 5 free
- Further pricing information:
- Can be weather dependant, rarely. Combination deals, save $$ and combine Fox Glacier with lake Matheson or all 3 of Franz/Fox/Lake Matheson. Charter and Taxi service.