1 / 10
Our knowledgeable guides will escort you through the beautiful untouched Mangarongapu cave system here in the Waitomo district.
We take small tours of 2 - 8 people so you have the ability to move slowly through the caves to enjoy, explore and take in the surroundings, including our three mesmerising glow worm displays.
We supply all the clothing and equipment so just bring a small camera and you will be ready to go.
Please note: This tour is not suitable for elderly or anyone with mobility difficulties as it involves climbing over boulders, walking up hills and wading through streams with rocks underfoot. A reasonable level of fitness is required.
Allow 3 hours for the tour. Tours leave several times a day, so just give us a call.
Glowing Adventures, 1199 Oparure Road, RD5 Te Kuiti, Waitomo, Waitomo Caves, Hamilton - Waikato, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am - 6pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 2 hours and 30 minutes from Auckland airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 20 km from Waitomo village
- Proximity to town:
- 12 km from Te kuiti
Pricing and Conditions
- Age restriction:
- Further pricing information:
- Please note that the tour involves climbing over boulders, up hills and wading through streams, so a reasonable level of fitness is required.