1 / 2
1 / 8
Tena koutou, Tena koutou, Tena tatou katoa. Nau mai haere mai ki te Govett Brewster Art Gallery/Len Lye Centre.
The Govett-Brewster Art Gallery is New Zealand’s contemporary art museum in the coastal city of New Plymouth, Taranaki on the North Island of Aotearoa New Zealand. Since opening in 1970, the Gallery has dedicated itself to innovative programming, focused collection development and audience engagement. It's earned a strong reputation nationally and internationally for its global vision and special commitment to contemporary art of the Pacific Rim. The Govett-Brewster is also home to the collection and archive of the pioneering filmmaker and kinetic sculptor Len Lye (1901–1980).
Govett-Brewster Art Gallery, 42 Queen St , New Plymouth, Taranaki, 4342, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Open 6 days: Closed Tuesdays and Christmas Day; Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday 10am – 6pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- New Plymouth city centre is just a ten minutes drive from the airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Two minutes' walk from the bus terminal
- Proximity to town:
- Central, near the town clock tower
Pricing and Conditions
- Other charges:
- Free entry
- Further pricing information:
- Free Wi-Fi avaliable