1 / 5
Hamilton Gardens is the Waikato’s most visited attraction with approximately one million visitors each year. Visitors are guided on a journey of discovery along paths delivering mysterious surprises: step from a peaceful Sung Dynasty Chinese Scholar’s garden into an Italian Renaissance Garden, before being enthralled by the grandeur of the Indian Char Bagh (‘four quartered’) Garden.
Telling the story of gardens through themed garden collections, Hamilton Gardens explores different civilisations, and recreates historically important garden styles from the farthest reaches of the world.
Explore with our guides who will share the ‘inside story’ of how the Gardens was transformed from a rubbish dump into an award winning garden.
Hamilton Gardens - Daily Guided Tour, Cobham Drive, Hamilton East, Hamilton, Hamilton - Waikato, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Between 9am and 4pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 15 minute drive to Hamilton International Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Five minute drive to Hamilton bus terminal
- Proximity to town:
- Five minute drive to central Hamilton
Pricing and Conditions
(14 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Under 5s are free of charge.
- Further pricing information:
- Bookings are required. Between 1 December and 31 March: Book before 9:30am on day of tour Between 1 April to 30 November: 48 hours notice is required Please enquire about public holidays. Closed Christmas Day and Good Friday.