Since opening in 1998, Te Papa has attracted over 21 million visitors and has been a huge success with international visitors as well as local kiwis. Te Papa is a 'must see' on every visitor's itinerary.
A tour with an experienced, knowledgeable, and fun guide, adds depth to the experience, increases understanding and helps orient the first time visitor.
With a combination of the latest technology and classic story-telling, Te Papa educates, entertains, and inspires.
Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa (Te Papa), 55 Cable Street, Te Aro, Wellington Central, Wellington, 6011, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Open every day 10am-6pm (Except Christmas Day)
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 8km to Wellington Airport (15 minute drive)
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 1.5km to Wellington Railway Station (5 minute drive)
- Proximity to town:
- Located in the city centre
Pricing and Conditions
(10 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Charges apply for guided tours, special exhibitions and some activities.