1 / 12
Our unique hostel has been pleasing travellers since 1980. Your parents might have stayed here and we still cater for the budget traveller in a traditional style.
Stay in our cosy farmhouse, on our tranquil camping ground with stargazers, huts and tent sites, on our separate, purpose-built van park for smaller backpacker vans or in our Tonga Hut for a little extra intimacy.
Enjoy our beautiful walks on 430 hectares with stunning coastal farm and bush scenery and wonderful birdlife - far away from traffic noise. For the even more adventurous, we run our own dolphin swimming and kayak trips.
We are right at the end of the road 6 kms from Akaroa - near enough when you need it, far enough when you don't.
Onuku Farm Hostel , 89 Hamiltons Road, Onuku, Akaroa, Christchurch - Canterbury, 7520, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9am-8pm, 7 days
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Children Welcome
- Proximity to airport:
- 90km from Christchurch International Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 6km from local coach terminal
- Proximity to town:
- 6km from Akaroa
Pricing and Conditions
|Per night||$15.00 - $40.00|
- Further pricing information:
- - Dolphin swimming and kayaking with the dolphins. - Free pick up on request from Akaroa at 12.30 pm - Cash only - Closed for winter between May and September