1 / 13
On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays (Saturdays in Summer) you have the opportunity to join the world famous Pelorus Mail Run. You'll visit isolated homesteads nestled in quiet secluded bays, delivering crucial supplies and mail the same way it has been done for decades. View mussel farms and see why the Pelorus Sound is the mussel capital of the world. The people of the Sounds are as much a part of the area as the history and majestic beauty. Old timers row out in dinghies to meet us, while some receive their supplies on tiny, unspoilt beaches. There are many opportunities to see wildlife, penguins, dolphins and Gannets. We leave from the historic town of Havelock for a full day trip in the Pelorus Sound. Join us on a unique kiwi experience.
Pelorus Mail Boat, Jetty 1, Havelock Marina, Havelock, Marlborough, 7100, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Office 8am-8pm, 7 days, all year. Mailruns - Tues, Thurs & Fri (Summer Saturday Delivery Cruise)
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 20mins from Blenheim Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 5min walk from Havelock Bus Stop and 30mins from Blenheim Bus Terminal - pick up available
- Proximity to town:
- In Havelock 30mins from Blenheim, 45mins from Picton & 75mins from Nelson
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$95.00 - $128.00|
(15 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Children 15yrs and under FREE
- Further pricing information:
- Check- in time 8am-9am during summer, 9am during winter.