1 / 4
A magical combination of story telling and traditional tall ship sailing, served up with hearty traditional fare and convivial company! It's a unique experience where you will delve deep into the truth of New Zealand's history in a setting so special, you'll feel you have been transported back to the times of early explorers.
In partnership with the New Zealand Historic Places Trust, an onboard Historian will explain and show you key locations and events that shaped this nation's early beginnings.
The voyage includes accommodation on board (bunk style communal facilities), all meals, historic commentary and handouts, & voyage on board a tall ship up the coast from Bay of Islands via the Cavalli Islands to Whangaroa and back.
R. Tucker Thompson History Voyages, Maritime Building, Paihia, Northland, New Zealand.
- Months of operation:
- Mar, Oct
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 35 minutes by taxi from Paihia
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 10 minutes by taxi to coach terminal
- Proximity to town:
- 10 minutes by taxi from Paihia
Pricing and Conditions
- Further pricing information:
- Registration and medical must be completed prior to embarkation. Medical certificate required from Dr for passengers over 70 years old.