Enjoy mountain bike trails suitable for beginners to advanced riders. Offering around 7km of purpose-built singletrack as of 2016 connecting to the main 4WD routes which take you up to the 470m summit with astounding 360 views to Mana and Kapiti Islands in the north, around to the Marlborough Sounds and Kaikoura mountains in the South Island. The terrain is super-diverse with the sound of birdsong in the native bush, pine forest, glades of gum trees and open grasslands. At the base is Camp Elsdon with campervan parks. It's just 20 minutes drive north of central Wellington and accessible from Porirua commuter train station. This is the early development stage of a major destination trail park.
Rangituhi Trail Park, Colonial Knob, Raiha Street, Elsdon, Porirua, Wellington, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 30km to Wellington International Airport (30 minutes drive)
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- bus stop right at park entrance, 2km to main Porirua bus station
- Proximity to town:
- 2km to Porirua, 20 minutes drive to central Wellington
Pricing and Conditions
- Further pricing information:
- parents look after your kids