1 / 6
Rata Escape, as the letters spell out, offers Rural Adventure Tours and Accommodation.
The accommodation base of Rata Lodge is located in Staveley and this “boutique barnstay” is set in a private bush garden under the grand presence of Mount Somers.
Rata Escape also offers custom-made day adventures exploring the spectacular Mid Canterbury backcountry. Activities include guided hiking, mountain biking, 4WD exploring, farm tours and creative workshops. There is the option of fully catered or self-contained stays.
Rata Escape, 71 Flynns Road, Staveley, Christchurch - Canterbury, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9am to 5pm
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 70km south west Christchurch airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 36km Ashburton
- Proximity to town:
- 26km to Methven
Pricing and Conditions
- Age restriction:
- Other charges:
- Barnstay $130 per night for 2 people $30 per night for each additional person
- Further pricing information:
- $300 /day per group with transport provided (max group size - 6 people)