Simon has an intimate knowledge of all rivers and streams in the area and will thoughtfully plan your day’s fishing to suit the seasonal conditions and your skill level. He is a St John’s qualified First Aider.
Over 30 rivers in our area can be accessed by 4WD and we generally travel an hour or more out of the city, where you are unlikely to encounter any other anglers. Our day normally gets under way at 8.30am and we will have you home by around 6pm.
The waters that we fish hold wild Rainbows and Browns and they give an excellent account of themselves. There are no stocked trout and no other fish species in our rivers, so expect some exciting sport amidst superb scenery.
- Over 30 pairs of Simms waders
- Over 40 pairs of Simms boots
- Sage rods, SLT, XP, ZXL, Z Axis and Sage One
- Sage, Hardy and Scientific Angler reels
- 2013 Mercedes ML 4WD transport
- On site Heli Pad
- Rafting option available
- Fished the North Island for over 40 years
- A Member of New Zealand Professional Fishing Guides Association
- A Director of NZ Field and Stream Ltd
Where to Stay
Rotorua Trout Safaris Ltd, Morehu Road, Lake Rotoehu, Rotorua Central, Rotorua, New Zealand.