1 / 7
Join our exclusive guided walking tours around the Traditional Maori Waka Complex in Aurere, Northland.
The tour is lead by a Waka Kaihautu (Captain) and includes the Navigation School, various Traditional Maori Waka on site, the Waka Launch area by the river, the Kapehu Whetu (Star Compass) on the ocean front. This is followed by an interactive presentation about celestial navigation and pacific voyaging by Master Waka Builder and Carver, Hekenukumai Puhipi.
Bookings via phone, email or the website are essential as tour numbers are limited.
Guided Walking Tour - Waka Facility & Navigation Presentation, 562 State Highway 10, Kaitaia, Taipa, Northland, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 4pm - 6pm daily
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 30 minutes to Kaitaia airport, 45 minutes to Keri Keri Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 45 minutes to Paihia terminal
- Proximity to town:
- Within main township of Taipa
Pricing and Conditions
(16 year(s) and under)
- Age restriction:
- Further pricing information:
- Restricted to people 12 years and over due to health and safety requirements