1 / 6
Discount packages for large groups.
Camp sites adjacent to the Waipoua River.
Forest Cafe only 3-4 minutes walk from Campground.
Pre-booked meals available on request.
Organised bush walks start from Camping Ground.
Excellent swimming holes available over summer.
Only 10 minutes drive to Tane Mahuta and approximately 40 minutes to the Hokianga Harbour.
Oranga Whenua - Native tree planting
Visitors centre now sell the iconic Tanemahuta Souvenirs
Local arts & crafts
Waipoua Visitor Center, 1 Waipoua River Road, Waipoua Forest, Northland, 0376, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9am - 3.00pm in Low Season - 9am-5.00pm in High Season
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- BBQ Facility
- Children Welcome
- Proximity to airport:
- Nearest Airport is Keri Keri
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Nearest Coach Terminal Kaikohe or Dargaville
- Proximity to town:
- 45-47 kms to Dargaville. 20 kms to Opononi.
Pricing and Conditions
|High season||Low season|
|(Dec - Mar)||(Apr - Nov)|
|Adult||$10.00 - $25.00||$10.00 - $25.00|
- Other charges:
- Laundry tokens. Guided walk costs. Photocopy charges.