Wallaceville Blockhouse

The only surviving wooden blockhouse in NZ, this was built and occupied from 1860-61, but was never involved in hostilities.

Contact Us

About

The only surviving wooden blockhouse in NZ, this was built and occupied from 1860 to 1861, but was never involved in hostilities. From 1867-1880 it was used as a Police Station. It was created an historic reserve in 1916. It currently serves as headquarters for a service club. Outside viewing is available at all times.

Map

Get directions

Physical address

Wallaceville Blockhouse, McHardy Street, Upper Hutt, Upper Hutt, Wellington, 5018, New Zealand.

Contact Us

The content on this page was created by Wallaceville Blockhouse

This website helps visitors connect with providers of great New Zealand tourism experiences. It is not intended to give any assurance that any particular provider meets certain quality standards or legal obligations. Please contact this business for more information. See also: newzealand.com terms of use.