1 / 8
A favourite of locals and visitors alike, the cable car allows easy access from the central business district to the Kelburn lookout and the top entrance of the Botanic Garden. Take this five minute historic trip to enjoy stunning views from the lookout over the city and harbour Te Whanganui-a-Tara and easy access to many of Wellington's top attractions. The Cable Car Museum, Botanic Garden, Space Place (Carter Observatory & Planetarium) and Zealandia Ecosanctuary (via a free shuttle).
Wellington Cable Car, Cable Car Lane, 280 Lambton Quay, Wellington Central, Wellington, 6011, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- The cable car operates every day except Christmas Day and runs every 10 minutes from 7am to 10pm Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 10pm Saturday and 8:30am to 9pm Sundays & Public holidays. Please visit our website for the latest opening times.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Proximity to town:
- Located right in the heart of the city centre, on Lambton Quay
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$4.00 - $7.50|
- Further pricing information:
- Free shuttle to Zealandia eco-sanctuary at the top of the Cable Car. Please check shuttle timetable.