Whangamarino Redoubt

Remains of earthworks built by the British Army in 1863. Outside viewing is available at all times.

Contact Us

About

Whangamarino Redoubt is the remains of earthworks built by the British Army in 1863. On a platform below the south side of the redoubt was a battery from which guns shelled the Maori position at Meremere to the south. Outside viewing is available at all times.

Map

Get directions

Physical address

Whangamarino Redoubt, Orams Road, Off State Highway 1, Te Kauwhata, Hamilton - Waikato, New Zealand.

Contact Us

The content on this page was created by Whangamarino Redoubt

This website helps visitors connect with providers of great New Zealand tourism experiences. It is not intended to give any assurance that any particular provider meets certain quality standards or legal obligations. Please contact this business for more information. See also: newzealand.com terms of use.