The vineyards are 45 acres and located in the renowned grape growing region of Manutuke and Ormond Valley Road, Gisborne. These areas are known for producing high quality Gewurztraminer, Pinot Gris and Chardonnay grapes.
We operate a cellar door over summer with a café attached with live music in the weekends. We offer platters, fresh baking, coffee and a beautiful setting in our vineyard - 1093 Wharerata Road, Manutuke, 15 minutes drive from Gisborne city.
Our place is catered for families, as we have a play area for kids, with sand pit, swings and gym area.
Wrights wines are estate made. The winery can process up to 100 tonnes a vintage. At present we produce 70,000 bottles a year.
Wrights Vineyard and Winery, 1093 Wharerata Road, Manutuke, Gisborne, Eastland, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Summer 7 days a week, 11am - 4.00pm, otherwise by appointment or chance.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 14 kilometres
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 16 kilometres
- Proximity to town:
- 15 kilometres
Pricing and Conditions
- Other charges:
- No tasting charge, we have eftpos facilities available at our cellar door.
- Further pricing information:
- Kids welcome, must be accompanied by an adult