1 / 7
Take a half hour 4Wheel drive from the Farm Barn Café through safe,rural and scenic back roads of the expansive high country. Your destination is to visit New Zealand's oldest surviving shepherd's hut, the 150 year old Sutherlands' Hut, on Four Peaks Station.
Be taken back over 150 years to a time when shepherds worked in this remote environment on foot and horseback, sheltering in huts.
See a real shepherd working with sheep dogs to guide a flock of high country sheep. Breathe in the pristine high country air and enjoy a delicious ‘kiwi’ picnic lunch.
Chat with your hosts, learn about farming their 5,300 hectare station, and how times have changed over the past century.
This is a 2 - 3 hour unique high country excursion.
Sutherland's Hut Experience, 4 Mount Michael Road, Geraldine-Fairlie Highway, RD 17, Fairlie, Christchurch - Canterbury, New Zealand.
Horários de abertura
- 10.30am - 12:30pm
- Meses de funcionamento
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Instalações e recursos
- Proximidade do aeroporto:
- 2 hours to Christchurch airport
- Proximidade do terminal de ônibus:
- Coaches and buses do drop-offs and pick-ups in Fairlie
- Proximidade da cidade:
- 8km to nearest town of Fairlie
Preços e condições
(Até 10 anos)
- Outros encargos:
- Minimum 2 people; maximum 8 people
- Informações de preço adicionais:
- All drives are subject to weather conditions. Children under 18 years of age are not permitted to fly without an adult.