Port Ahuriri was Napier’s main port until the 1931 earthquake when port services were relocated to the current site at the Port of Napier.
Many of the buildings once occupied by industrial activities related to Port Ahuriri have been developed and now house a variety of options for visitors.
Ahuriri is developing as a very "in-place" to visit. It has some great cafes and restaurants overlooking the water and a good bit of beach to dip your toes into.
Some great places to stay;
- Is situated just metres from the waterfront in the village of Ahuriri, Napier, offering premier accommodation and conference facilities in a luxurious seaside setting.
Cnr Bridge Street & Hardinge Road
Phone 0508 THE CROWN (0508 843 276)
- Is a stone’s throw from the beach and a short walk from Ahuriri’s many waterfront cafes, restaurants, art galleries and antique stores.
- The front apartment offers wheelchair access, including a lift, while the rear apartment is two storeys with stunning views of the ocean from the upstairs deck.
48 Hardinge Road Phone +64 21 516 288
- Imagine waking each day in a stylish and contemporary apartment that's just a few steps from Napier's historic Ahuriri precinct.
- There are 105 apartments in the newly finished developments at 14 West Quay and The Quadrant in Humber Street. There is a selection of apartment styles and sizes available for short term visitor accommodation or long term rental - either furnished or unfurnished.
- The apartments are fully self contained and offer options for one, two or three bedroom accommodation.
The location is fantastic - just a short distance from the many local bars, eateries and boutique shops.
West Quay and Humber Streets, Ahuriri, Napier Phone +64 6 834 1306
- Come and relax in our newly built backpackers lodge in Ahuriri. Great low budget accommodation with a range of rooms - twin, double, family and bunk rooms.
- Friendly relaxing atmosphere, fully equipped kitchen, laundry facilities and a great outdoor BBQ area.
Also plenty of room for your Campervan, power-sites are available.
52 Bridge Street, Ahuriri, Napier Phone +64 6 833 7292
- Across the road from the ocean, in Napier's trendy Ahuriri.
- This unique 1920's refurbished Cottage offers quality accommodation to discerning travellers, who appreciate a little extravagance.
- The two bedrooms with stylish fine linen open into a relaxing elegent sitting room with expansive harbour views.
- It also features TV, DVD, CD player, books and games.
51 Hardinge Road, Ahuriri, Napier Phone +64 6 835 0584
Have you got a great story to tell?Add your own article