1 / 3
Calendars around the region are already circled on 31 October (it’s always the last Thursday in October) in preparation for some fun pre-Christmas shopping.
Finding the Fete is easy it’s well signposted from the main road in Culverden, but all you really need to do is follow the cars that will be heading in the same direction.
EFTPOS is available onsite but miss the long lines by bringing plenty of cash to find that special bargain.
My favourite stalls to visit include: Global Soaps from Nelson, Hurunui High Country Honey, The Traditional Cupcake Company and The Whitebait People.
For newcomers to the Fete my “Top Fete Tips” are
- Wear sunscreen! (even if its cloudy) – sun burn is never pretty
- Bring plenty of cash for the bargains and unique creations on offer
- Wear flat shoes – it’s a grass park-like environment. Your feet will thank you later!
- Make it a girls day out – leave the boys at home
- Make use of the parcel tent at the entrance (it will save endless trips through the car park)
- Enjoying a Pimms is part of the fun
- Bring a car with a large empty boot space, you will soon fill it full of plants and shopping bags
- Download the venue map closer to the day, it will prove handy when trying to trying to find your favourite stalls
- Take a moment to enjoy the live music
- Leave your cell phone in the car – reception can be hit and miss; and do you really want the man in your life checking up on you?
- Drink lots of water – Culverden can experience warm temperatures
So mark your calendar, tell your friends and get ready to enjoy a fantastic day out.
Have you got a great story to tell?Add your own article