1 / 4
1. Pick up a an artist guide and let your creative side get exploring.
2. With many exceptional restaurants on offer you can get a great taste for the region. Beautiful water front dinning for every occasion and a great little bakery for dine in or take out and have your own picnic at the beach along Ruby Bay or Mapua.
3. Many wineries are within a very short drive. Pick yourself up a map and go along for a tasting or three. Local olive oils and cheeses are also in the mix.
4. McKee Domain is a reserve right along side the beach. A great camping spot and very reasonable pricing. As it is a bird sanctuary please dont bring any animals with you, not even in your car. Listen to the waves crash onto the beach at night and the bird song throughout the day. A great place to stay or stop into for the afternoon the beach is great for a swim.
5. Stop into the Jester house and try some of their amazing eco friendly and organic food. You might like to feed the tame eels while you are there or stroll through the garden's. They also have accommodation in the BOOT shaped cottage, a very unique bed and breakfast.
6. Around the Ruby Coast there are some luxury accommodation options, bed and breakasts and vineyard cottages to name a few. You may also like to try the local holiday parks with cabins and Motel units.
7. Get yourself along to Mapua Touch The Sea Aquarium. It has been created to give you an up close and personnal view of the New Zealand sea and shoreline life. There are also touch pools you can get hands on.
8. At low tide it is posible to walk from Mapua along the shoreline to Ruby Bay or Tasman depending on how much time you have. Stop at the shop on the way and treat yourself to an iceream.
9. Right at the Mapua waterfront it the Golden Beer Brewing company. They have plenty of beers and ciders for you to taste and also serve some lunch so why not make an afternoon of it.
10. Stop in at the play house cafe for some local food, have a look at the events and see if you can catch a show, play or band while you are there. Perfect for an evening out, a show and dinner, what could be better.
Have you got a great story to tell? Add your own article