1 / 6
• Eat fish & chips at the world famous Akaroa Fish & Chip shop.
• Hire a kayak or a bike and take the down hill ride of your life with Akaroa Adventure Centre.
• Take a class at The Akaroa Cooking School. Named in Lonely Planet as one of the top 10 places to learn to cook local cuisine in the World.
• Play Golf at the Akaroa Golf Course. A popular course with panoramic views. This delightful 18 hole golf course occupies 28 hectares of undulating country at the head of picturesque Akaroa harbour
• Explore the Akaroa Museum. and learn about historic Akaroa.
• Don’t miss The Giants House Mosaic & Sculpture garden. Exuberant, astounding, colorful, surprising, seriously playful, unique in the world....it will make you smile.
• While away the day with some great retail therapy.
• Have a wine or beer in one of the many great cafes and restaurants.
In the Area:
• 30 minutes from Akaroa. Go to Okains Bay Maori & Colonial Museum.
• 30 minutes from Akaroa. Do a tour with Pohatu Penguins.
• 15 minutes drive from Akaroa-Barry’s Bay Cheese Factory and view the traditional cheese making. View cheese making every second day during season.
Enjoy your time in Akaroa & the Bays. You'll wish you stayed longer!
Have you got a great story to tell? Add your own article