1 / 6
Alpinism & Ski Wanaka offer 5-7 day ski touring/snow board adventures with IFMGA/NZMGA mountain guide Gary Dickson. (since Oct. 2015 via Alpine Guides Cook)
Enjoy your winter fitness in alpine wilderness of NZ; based at a high mountain hut in either Mount Cook/Aoraki or Westland National Park, tour with skis/split snowboard around vast glacial terrain with hundreds of meters of snow base. Ski off the Main Divide down massive non-crowded slopes and bowls with only a light pack on – the ultimate experience: are you ready for it?
Avalanche courses, special training also available.
Summer mountaineering with an instructional bent, learn/improve your alpine climbing skills (Nov-April).
Max ratio 1:4, alone or with your team of mates, private &
Alpinism & Ski, mountain guiding with Gary Dickson, 11 Rimu Lane, Wanaka, Lake Wanaka, 9305, New Zealand.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Wanaka 10 min. / Queenstown 1 hr / CHCH approx. 5.5-6 hrs
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Wanaka town 2.5 km
- Proximity to town:
- 30-45 min on foot, a couple of min. by car
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$880.00 - $5,230.00|
- Other charges:
- flights in and out of the mountains as well as rental equipment if needed
- Further pricing information:
- It is good to have a certain flexibility: 1-2 days up your sleeves before and after trip dates for potential weather days as well as location, so as to maximize time and enjoyment considering weather and conditions. As from October 2015, Gary Dickson is Alpinism & Ski's only mountain guide, IFMGA/NZMGA expert. All trips run by him will be under Alpine Guides Mount Cook's (AGL) system of concessions and safety management. All payments will go to AGL directly after initial reservation