1 / 5
Unique and informative Eco-tour of West Auckland.
This is the region where our family has lived since 1922, so you hear the stories of our early pioneering family.
Come to our sheep farm and inside our historic Motutara Homestead which was originally the worker's cottage in the 1880's.
See a wool display in our woolshed (built in 1930), and walk through our farm orchard. Do a group tree planting to offset the carbon emissions from your tour. (Trees are tagged and protected, certificate issued).
This tour also includes the gannet (sea-bird) colony at Muriwai black sand beach.
Guaranteed to be a genuine, authentic and unique tour. All just 40 minutes from downtown Auckland.
Auckland Eco-tour & Farm visit, 76 Muriwai Valley Road, Waimauku, Auckland Central, Auckland, 0881, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Daily except Dec 24, 25, 26, Jan 1, 2, Good Friday, April 25.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to town:
- 25 - 40 minutes from downtown Auckland
Pricing and Conditions
(10 year(s) and under)
|$100.00 - $180.00|
- Other charges:
- Under 5 years free (but lunch at own expense).
- Further pricing information:
- Minimum 2 persons to operate unless tour already running Maximum 10 persons, but larger groups by prior booking (essential). Lunch (with wine/beer) included on day tours. Must be 18yrs to participate in wine-tasting. All tours visit our sheep farm and Homestead. We are Food Handling Certified. A Native tree is assigned for every tour run. Pick-up from inner Auckland city only (or by prior arrangement). Please wear suitable walking shoes. Limited airport drop-off facility (at extra charge)