1 / 3
1 / 9
Cardrona is located in the Crown Range only 55 mins (58 km) easy drive, shuttle or bus trip from Queenstown and 35mins (34 km) from Wanaka. Cardrona is the largest ski area easily accessed from Queenstown, with 20-35% more terrain on offer.
With consistently good weather and reliable snow conditions, Cardrona has superb, wide terrain spread across three main valleys, which also include the Southern Hemisphere's most extensive terrain parks.
Cardrona has the longest scheduled snow season in the South Island and offers something for everyone! During summer, lapping the lifts at Cardrona makes mountain biking easy and unique! It is NZ's highest bike park but also offers Mountain Carting, walking adventures and 'Alpine by Night' experiences.
Are their shuttles to the ski field?
Yes. There are daily shuttles from Wanaka, Queenstown and the bottom of the mountain road to Cardrona.
Can I purchase food at the ski area?
Yes. We have five distinctly different cafes and restaurants on the mountain offering everything from quick bites to full meals, along with fresh juices and delicious coffee.
What type of lessons does the ski area provide?
We offer ski and snowboard lessons and programmes for all ages and ability levels.
- Cardrona's First Timer Package offers a learner area lift pass, ski/snowboard rental and a lesson. This package provides everything a first timer needs in order build a foundation for progress
- The Single Lesson Package at Cardrona provides unlimited access to the entire mountain and suits a relative novice right the way through to an experienced skier or boarder. This also includes rental equipment and a lesson.
Does the ski area have a terrain park?
Cardrona Parks are EPIC! ! Cardrona has the most extensive terrain park and halfpipe facilities in the Southern Hemisphere, with four terrain parks, a gravity cross and two halfpipes, including a 22ft Olympic Superpipe.
Does the ski area offer any childcare or crèche services?
Yes! Kids are No. 1 at Cardrona and there are options available for all ages, including a nursery, kindy, ski kindy and a range of different lessons for kids. For more info see Kids @ Cardrona.
Cardrona Alpine Resort, Office, 20 Helwick Street, Wanaka town, Wanaka, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Approximately 45 mins (44km) from Wanaka Airport, 45 mins (53km) from Queenstown Airport and 5.5 hours (445 km) from Christchurch Airport.
- Proximity to town:
- Approximately 35 mins (34km) from Wanaka and 55 mins (58km) from Queenstown.
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$93.00 - $103.00|
- Further pricing information:
- Child: Currently attending school, 6-17 years. Children 5yrs and Under and Seniors 75yrs and over ski for FREE. Student and Senior rates available. Photographic ID will be required.