1 / 7
The Coastal Pacific is a stunning coastal train journey travelling between Christchurch & Picton, operating daily services between October & April.
Along 98 kilometres of ruggedly beautiful coastline you’ll get astonishingly close to the surging Pacific Ocean and steeply rising Kaikoura Ranges, and also travel through the beautiful wine growing regions of Marlborough and the rich patchwork farming landscape of the Canterbury Plains. Our Throughfares allow for travel convenient travel to or from Wellington by ferry or plane.
Enjoy all of this from the comfort of new world class carriages featuring panoramic sky-view windows, comfortable interiors, an on board licensed café, GPS triggered at-seat audio commentary, and open air viewing.
Coastal Pacific | KiwiRail Scenic Journeys, Troup Drive, Addington, Christchurch, Christchurch - Canterbury, 8011, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Mon-Fri: 8am to 6pm, Sat-Sun: 8am to 5pm
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Approximately 20 mins from Christchurch Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Shuttles and taxis are available outside the railway station.
Pricing and Conditions
(14 year(s) and under)
- Further pricing information:
- Please refer to www.kiwirailscenic.co.nz for terms and conditions.