1 / 9
Get an Eagle's eye view of Middle-earth with this exclusive 4.5 hour guided tour over The Lord of the Rings Trilogy country.
Our helicopter follows the "Eagles" flight landing on Fog Peak - admire views of Mt Aspiring and the surrounding Southern Alps – including 3 Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Trilogies film sites. Skimming the razor back ridges, we then fly and land on Treble Cone's “The Towers Ridge” before walking the very footsteps that the "Dwarves and Bilbo" traversed in their quest across the "Misty Mountains" - as seen in The Hobbit Trilogy.
We descend 2 hours of guided hike from 2000m, traversing the ridgeline, revealing huge rock pillars, canyons, cliffs and glaciers feeding rivers and lakes below - a real adventure!
Eco Wanaka Adventures - "Misty Mountains" Heli Hike, Lakeside Road , Wanaka Marina, Wanaka town, Wanaka, 9305, New Zealand.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 1 hour from Queenstown Aiport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 5 minutes for local Wanaka coach terminal
- Proximity to town:
- 5 minutes from Wanaka
Pricing and Conditions
- Age restriction:
- Further pricing information:
- This tour needs a minimum of 2 people booked in to operate. Price is valid from 1st Oct 2016 - 30th Sept 2017