Meet the Locals at EcoWorld Aquarium.
Explore, get up close, have fun discovering some amazing animals and marine life that make New Zealand unique.
We strive to give you outstanding, educational experiences. Our enthusiastic knowledgeable staff help you discover, have fun, sharing with you the amazing lives of some of New Zealand's native animals that live in our beautiful Marlborough Sounds.
•Tuataras - New Zealand’s very rare “living fossil”
•Little Blue Penguins - Wildlife Rehabilitation Refuge
•Seahorses - New Zealand pot-bellied seahorses
•Giant Squid - “Monster of the deep” - (preserved 5m)
•Yellow Kakariki - endangered parrots being bred
•Red Kakariki - endangered native parrots
•Fish species from Marlborough Sound
EcoWorld Picton Aquarium, 1 Dunbar Wharf, Picton Foreshore, Picton, Marlborough, 7220, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Open daily from 10am. Feeding times - 11am and 2pm daily. Behind the Scenes - 11.30am, 2.30pm, 3.30pm daily. Penguin Parade - Starts 30 minutes prior to dusk.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 10 - 15 minutes by car
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 1 minute walk
- Proximity to town:
- 2 minute walk to Picton town centre
Pricing and Conditions
- Further pricing information:
- Adult $22, Child (4-15year) $10, 3yrs and under Free. Student (>15 with ID) $20, Senior (>65 with ID) $20, Family (2 adults & 3 children) $55. Behind the scenes tour +$10 per person.