1 / 2
Flaxmere Garden is the creation of Penny Zino. It has been sculptured from very simple beginnings since 1966, and is a garden for all seasons.
At 1000 ft above sea level, situated on terraced riverbed country, Flaxmere provides a multi level garden gallery, a perfect setting for weddings and special events
It is a large country garden, based on the principles of strong design, which are completely in tune with the countryside it is part of. Long vistas often described as art forms are a predominant feature. A spring fed creek leads to a series of 5 ponds, which brings a sense of peace, and ensures wonderful birdlife. Heavy old bridge timbers have been used and stone walls built over time. Large area of native plants.
Flaxmere Garden, 128 Westenras Road, Hawarden, Christchurch - Canterbury, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Visitors are welcome by appointment only.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 1 hour to Christchurch airport
- Proximity to town:
- Approx 1 hour 10 minutes north of Christchuch
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$15.00 - $18.00|
- Other charges:
- Group tour teas coffee lunches pricing available on request
- Further pricing information:
- Groups are welcome. Morning & afternoon tea and coffee, and lunches can be provided for groups of 15 or more Pricing available on contact