1 / 9
Murrell’s Grand View House built in 1889 is the oldest accommodation house in New Zealand still run by the same family and provides unique accommodation in historic surroundings. Robert and Philippa Murrell are your hosts and will ensure you have a wonderful stay.
The house is set in 3 acres of gardens overlooking Lake Manapouri with magnificent views of the lake and mountains beyond. There are four spacious ensuite rooms with views to the lake or garden. Breakfast is included in our tariff and include fresh fruit, home baking, cereals, endless tea or coffee and a cooked option. We have free wifi throughout the property and we can assist with any travel or tour arrangements that you may wish to make.
Murrells Grand View House, Murrell Avenue, Manapouri, Fiordland, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am-9pm, 7 days.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Children Welcome
- Internet (Public Use)
- Luggage Storage
- Proximity to airport:
- 5kms to Te Anau/Manapouri Airport. 2 hours to Queenstown or Invercargill
- Proximity to town:
- Within walking distance of the Doubtful Sound departure point, general store, cafe and local pub with bistro. 20kms from Te Anau.
- Number of rooms:
Pricing and Conditions
|Per night||$250.00 - $340.00|
- Further pricing information:
- Commission rate available on application. Please apply directly to us for Children's rate and policy. We have a special price of $295 per night for a lake room with a minimum stay of 2 nights required.